Monday, March 2, 2009

Xiao jie na wu mao lai.

This afternoon, the boyfriend and I decided to have wanton mee for lunch.

He's running for MP, so I let him place our orders and do his usual outrageous flirting with the auntie (he thrives on it).

The noodles cost $3 each, but he decided that we should have more veggies coz the government says it's good for us. So we added a $1 of veggie each.

The total came up to $8.40 - 20cents (each) additional for the plastic container.

Fair enough (no boo, you can't use it to deflect conversation and make me believe you're listening when you're not).

After handing over $8.40 to the auntie, he went off to buy something else, leaving me to collect the noodles.

Mid-way whilst packing, the auntie says to me, "xiao jie na wu mao lai.".

Me: *thinking she can't be talking to me, just ignores her*
Auntie: *persists in an irritated tone* xiao jie na wu mao lai!
Me: *stunned, and just hands over the money meekly, all the while wondering why*
Auntie: *doesn't offer any explanation. hands me my noodles and dismisses me*
Me: *walks off confused*

I spent most of lunch trying to figure out what the additional 50cents was for - but you know what, I can only conclude that I was cheated because I have absolutely not a clue what else I'd need to pay for.

So much for standing up for my rights, and not being 'cheated' - referring to the post before last on our cinema 'incident' with the chick who didn't have change.

Oh well.

Side note: Went to the Chinese sinseh today and got stabbed and jabbed all over. I'm aching so badly I don't think I'll ever walk again. :(

1 comment:

khun den said...

Perhaps 50 cents was the cost of the
cutlery/chopsticks?