Thursday, January 21, 2010

Handygirl Kim

I went to Ikea today to pick up the last of the pieces to complete my wardrobe - a 100cm clothes rail, and 2x 50cm wire baskets. Because they weren't available when I got all the other bits delivered and assembled, I had to install these myself with my handy $9.50 orange toolbox.

I truly detest assembling Ikea furniture - something I discovered during my Uni days in Melbourne.

It's just something I never get right.

I lived with a half-assembled desk in Melbourne for two years before I finally decided to discard it. It wobbled because I couldn't get the legs screwed in properly, and what was meant to be drawers were not able to be used because I fitted some pieces in the wrong way.

And that's just one example of many.

But I figured I wouldn't have too much problem with the clothes rail and the baskets, after all, it was just a matter of screwing 4 screws in, each.

I succeeded in the task (I hope), but my hands are all blistery now and I just want to get into bed and feel sorry for myself.


No comments: