Wednesday, February 3, 2010

Just keep swimming

It's only my 3rd day of work, but already I feel like I've been there forever. In a tired kind of way.

Day 1 I was able to leave at about 640pm.

Day 2 I left at 930pm.

Day 3 I left at 830pm.

There's so much going on at the moment and I'm just trying to wrap my head around it all, whilst proving my worth - which is extremely hard when you're unable to value-add in meetings because you don't have sufficient background.

Everything I do, it takes me twice as long because I haven't gotten accustomed to the acronyms (there are like 10 million), the names of the clients (who does what), the various stakeholders and the campaign itself.

So for now, I'm still floundering, trying to find my way.

But I will say this. I like what I know of the place, the work and the clients so far.

3 comments:

Roanna said...

it's been a mere week. keep your spirits up! sure you'll learn all your need to soon enough! :)

Anonymous said...

quite interesting post. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did anyone hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.

Anonymous said...

Your blog keeps getting better and better! Your older articles are not as good as newer ones you have a lot more creativity and originality now. Keep it up!
And according to this article, I totally agree with your opinion, but only this time! :)