Monday, January 31, 2011

After work today I walked to the bus stop and waited for a bus.

I got on the bus, and then I got off the bus. And then I got on another bus, which took me home.

I got home, made myself some pasta and a simple salad.

Ate my pasta and simple salad whilst reading an old copy of Archie.

Decided I was still hungry, went downstairs and had more pasta.

Feeling filled up, I took my bowls downstairs and then decided to go down to Cold Storage to buy yet more cleaning products to disinfect my desk at work. The citrus Dettol spray I bought yesterday smells horridly like a toilet - and instead of making me feel clean and sanitised, just made me feel kinda grubby, like I was in a wet, dirty toilet by the beach.

So today I went in search of Dettol - the original solution. Because at least THAT, is a sanitised smell. I also bought a squigy bottle (it's really an empty spray bottle, but the word squigy just sounds much better) to contain my Dettol and water solution, that I could bring to the office.

And I bought a bottle scrub. And a glass for the bottle scrub to sit in on my desk.

Tomorrow I will go to work and Dettol my work station. Then I will bring the horrid smelling citrus Dettol spray home so that it can be used for what it smells most appropriate - cleaning our home toilets.

But I digress. The point I wanted to make, aside from the fact that I seem to be becoming a little compulsive with cleanliness, is that on the way to the supermarket, Mikey and I sang along to Glee. Well, I sang, and he kinda just whimpered and moved around a lot in the passenger seat.

It was a happy and carefree kind of feeling, one that I haven't felt in awhile.

I felt neither exhausted nor drained.

I didn't finish work on the dot at six.

But still, I was happier because there were no unpleasant situations I had to deal with. No ego's and tantrums to speak of.

And honestly, that makes a world of difference.


No comments: