Sunday, January 30, 2011

N.O.T Shopping

I've been very good over the past few weeks about not shopping.

Of course I still spend lots of time putting myself in temptation's path - insisting on going into shops and trying on things, browsing blogshops endlessly, even going so far as to stand in line at the check-out counter (or add items to my shopping cart, for blogshops) - but so far, I've always managed to back out at the last minute.

I don't know why I go through the entire process above if I'm trying hard not to shop. I really should be doing more productive things like eating or sleeping. But I can't help it.

I suppose I just find it therapeutic. And it helps to curb the urges, somewhat.

But I was just reading randomly blogs earlier when I chanced upon this one of a girl who took a picture of a HUGEASS wasp nest that was growing around her bracelets in one of her accessories containers.

GROSS.

I suppose that's the result of having too much stuff. Too much stuff that you don't end up using.

And I certainly have more than enough.

Clothes and accessories that is.

So no shopping.

And on a separate but related note, the older I get, the more particular I get about cleanliness.

Dust and grime sends shivers up my spine.

So in my future home, I want no odd/unused corners. I want everything to be wide open and fully visible, so it's constantly used. Besides, I feel unused/seldom accessed corners gives bad vibes to a home.

Like my storeroom at home now. I feel like I have to tiptoe in and out really really quickly whenever I want to get something. I never linger more than absolutely necessary because it feels gross just being in there.

Urks.

My new office is unfortunately quite the epitome of old and grubby office furniture. Shall go get myself some dettol and wipes to keep at my desk so I can give it daily wipedowns.

No comments: