Monday, June 27, 2011

Fall For You by Secondhand Seranade popped up on my iTunes yesterday.

I don't know how or why I have the song, but I felt like it really connected with me and for once, I felt a glimmer of hope again.

Like everything's not so bleak.

It's true nothing's the same, and the path to happily ever after isn't quite what I'd thought it'd be. It's a lot less Disney, and a lot more Grimm Brothers, but I accept that's what my life is now because everything happens for a reason.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that where once, I thought hope only showed itself in the form of unicorns and rainbows (which I now know are fictitious, unless you show me otherwise), I'm accepting now that it can also manifest in other ways.

And for me, that's the hope this song brings.

It's not a Disney rendition of fireworks and magic dust, but it represents to me hope in that I want to find a guy who feels this way about me.

That he wants to fight for me. Because I matter.

And so I make this my anthem of the moment.


No comments: