Sunday, May 17, 2009

adidas Sundown Marathon: 13 days to go

And just like that, we're close to finishing up the first half of the year.

It seems like forever ago that I signed up for the adidas Sundown Marathon, and now there's less than 2 weeks to go.

I keep telling myself I'll survive the run. Of course I will.

"I can, I will." - taken from the staff training manual of a certain airline that the boy's working on at the moment, this line just absolutely cracks me up.

And if I can't, "I will say 'no' the 'yes' way".

Whatever does it mean anyway.

Ever since my brother-in-law learnt how to upload songs to his iPod, it's been a early-90s Mandarin/Cantonese song marathon every weekend when I go over to play mahjong. Think Emil Chau and Jacky Cheung.

For some reason, that era of songs always make me a little melancholy. Or maybe it's just Chinese songs in general - very emo.

One of the songs I've particularly taken to is 'Feng Yu Wu Zu' by Emil Chau.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D9b4Pnpbx4Q&feature=related

No comments: