Tuesday, November 24, 2009

My day as a taitai-in-training

Got up this morning to the sound of a bleeping phone alarm. Realised it wasn't mine (it's still a revelation each time I realise I'm unemployed and have no need to wake up to go to work), and went back to sleep.

Finally crawled out of bed when I heard the hair dryer going.

It occurred to me that *C had never seen Kaelynn walk (it's quite a new thing for her, and I don't mean 'walk' so much as I mean 'toddle'), so I went downstairs to bundle her up.

I set her gingerly down on the floor, and gestured excitedly to *C to watch her while she toddled over.

He looked at her in half disgust with drool dripping down her chin.

What is it about guys and babies that aren't theirs.

Anyway, a hug and a kiss later and he was off to work.

Me, I crawled back into bed for a wee bit more before getting up.

I'mma gonna take a shower, and then it's off to spend the day a nice chichi-lala day at Rose Veranda with the girls.

We are going to dine, gossip and have tea (they have 102 blends to pick from - free flow !) all afternoon.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

very useful article. I would love to follow you on twitter. By the way, did any one hear that some chinese hacker had busted twitter yesterday again.