Friday, November 13, 2009

Officially a B.U.M

So, I originally thought today (Friday, the 13th) was going to be my last day, but turns out, it's not. It's yesterday (today?), Thursday the 12th - you get my drift.

Why am I not surprised.

It's so surreal, I can't believe that tomorrow, I don't have to wake up and haul my ass off to work.

I won't be able to say things like "working late" or "I don't feel like going into work today" anymore, because there ain't no company I'm accountable to.

It's both daunting and liberating all at the same time.

I told myself I was going to take a break, but naturally, I had to work myself into a frenzy sending out tonnes of resumes - landing myself in a somewhat awkward position now of having to turn down offers that really aren't so suitable and/or has much potential to speak of.

I really should have just kept my fingers to myself. Or maybe busied them playing Bejewelled or something.

Looks like I'm going to have to spend the next couple of days potentially cutting off yet more bridges, while hoping that new ones will form.

I've always been a big believer of fate, of believing that all things eventually find a way of working themselves out.

So I suppose that's what I'm going to have to do now.

Close yet another door - the one with the best offer yet - and hope against hope that I'm making the right decision, for the long haul of course. Strange how it's always about the long haul huh.

For now, I think I just need to breathe, stop hyperventillating and QUIT sending out resumes.

A break might do me good.

Will it ?

1 comment: