Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Is it time for a KitKat break ?

I've been trying to take it easy the whole week, telling myself that I needn't and shouldn't be up till all hours scrambling to apply for all sorts of jobs that I might or might not enjoy.

I think the only jobs I haven't actually applied for yet, are those in advertising, but I sense it's just a matter of time.

I know I shouldn't, not just yet anyway, but I can't help it.

I don't like not knowing what I'm doing next, and the thought of taking a break - well to be honest, kind of freaks me out. Even though a 'break' is what I pine for endlessly when I'm at work.

I guess it's true what they say, the grass is always greener on the other side.

But anyway, I'm trying to exercise some self control and not get myself locked into another job that I might potentially hate, 3 months down the road. I think it's something to do with the thrill of the job hunt, getting that call back, going down for the interview and being told that you've been picked, over all others that have also gone through the same process.

Maybe it's just me, but once I submit an application for a job - even if it's one that I don't necessarily think is quite me - all of a sudden, it turns into the most desirable job in the world and I just want to be picked. Sounds like school all over again doesn't it, nobody wants to be the last kid left standing when all others have been picked to join teams.

Picking up a third language is something I've always wanted to do, and I know if I don't do it now, I probably never will.

Now all I need to do is convince and remind myself that not working for the next few months isn't all that bad if I don't manage to find something that I really want to do.

Yup yup yup.

No comments: