Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Looney Lunar !

According to my mom, it's my chinese birthday so I made Cookie wish me Happy Birthday (again!).

The day started good.

I woke up at 845, because I could (normally I wake at 815 at the latest).

And then took my time getting ready, as opposed to rushing, because I could.

Cara came knocking on my door, so I let her in and we spent 5 minutes preening together in front of the mirror before she got taken away for her bath - I think she enjoys my room because I have all sorts of real-girl toys, as opposed to her Elmo's and Piglets.

I finally made it downstairs at 930.

I sat down for my birthday noodles (yellow noodles cooked in a sweet syrupy, ginger sauce topped with longans) with mommy and daddy.

Picked out four lucky numbers for my mom to buy for tomorrow's 4D - apparently the trick is, you have to stand as soon as you've picked out the fourth number, and the person doesn't tell you what the numbers are. So I did - stood and didn't ask about the numbers. I just took my ang bao and said goodbye!

On the way to work, I made Cookie wish me again.

And I finally made it in at 10 to 10 - still earlier than half the office.

I got to my desk, turned on my comp, and another piece of good news awaited in my inbox ! I'm thrilled, I am.

And in another hour, I'm meeting my parents for my birthday lunch at Itacho (at ION).

It's a good day, today.

No comments: