Monday, October 19, 2009

You think ?

I spent the weekend pondering over my options.

1. Go back to Melbourne to do an MBA
2. Go to the US to do an MBA
3. Pursue writing as a career
4. Just take time off to do nothing (by nothing I mean yoga and property)
5. Go to Japan to learn Japanese
6. Find a job, not in advertising
7. Find a job in advertising and continue bitching about it all over again (after all, it's the only industry I've ever worked in, and might I add, one I absolutely killed myself to get into)

With the above in no particular order, I suppose next steps would be organising them in order of priority, and perhaps eliminating a few of them.

My sister never fails to take any opportunity to remind me of the 'bleak times' we live in, but I refuse to be swayed by her opinions. She suffers from the elder-sister syndrome, and feels a need to critique as a means of showing affection so I forgive her all that.

My mother, who might I add, has never worked a day in her life, too rejoices in dishing out unsolicited advice. And let me qualify the above by saying that she's never had an office job - not of course, that I'm insinuating that running a household is not considered work because in a court of law, it's held up as perfectly legit work.

Anyway, my point is this.

It is my life, and therefore should be, my choices.

I don't think that I receive advice ungraciously, but I can't help feeling a little riled up when I'm hit with it at any opportunity. So maybe it's true. Maybe my angst over the past months have boiled over and turned me into one of them know-it-alls who refuses to listen to the better judgement of anyone else.

Just call me Little Miss Know-It-All.

1 comment: