Friday, August 27, 2010

Preparing for war

Tonight we went to Itacho at Ion for dinner - my favourite Japanese restaurant in Singapore.

It's so insanely awesome I could just die. Well, no, not really. But you get the drift, really quite the bomb.

The horrible part is that we waited in line for close to an hour before getting seats. It used to be bad. Now it's disgusting. I solemnly swear to myself to stop telling people about it. I'm just hurting myself, and my tummy.

If anyone asks, "Itacho? Bah. Go to Sushi Tei instead. Much better value for money."

I'll go on a one-woman crusade to smear their good name all over the web. Won't make much of a difference anyway, aside from deterring the late bloomers who haven't yet discovered the place - early bird gets the worm and there's just no more room to accommodate late bloomers.

Anyway, the boyfriend took me there, on the pretext that he owed me an Itacho meal because he made me miss the last time when my family went.

But secretly I think it's because he knows I had a horrible start to the day at work and was trying to do something nice. Or maybe it's coz he just got himself a new job and wanted to celebrate. Either way, it works out.

The food was yummy, and I'm a happy bunny.

After dinner, we hung around for a bit trying to get a cab. As we were about the head up the escalators, I heard the siren call of Marks n' Spencer. Now I don't typically shop at Marks n' Spencer. Not sure why, it's just never seemed that natural to me to buy food there.

But today, it was like a my tummy had a mind of its own and lead me through the gleaming glass doors. I walked down aisle after aisle of food, picking up more than I intended to.

What can I say.

I never could resist a 'get the second one at half price' or 'two for the price of xxx' type of offers.

The huge bag of groceries I walked out with reminded me of only one thing.

We're preparing for war and now, thanks to my weakness for junk for offers, at least we have rations.

If I resent not having time to run now, just wait till September comes.

Somebody wake me up, when September ends.

No comments: