Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Heard a nice song on the radio as I was driving home tonight.

If I Die Young - The Band Perry

Here are my favourite bits from the song.

If I die young, bury me in satin
Lay me down on a bed of roses
Sink me in the river at dawn
Send me away with the words of a love song

.....

Life ain't always what you think it ought to be, no

.....

The sharp knife of a short life
Well, I've had just enough time

.....

A penny for my thoughts, no I'll sell them for a dollar
They're worth so much more after I'm a goner
And maybe then you'll be hearing the words I been singing
Funny, when you're dead people start listening


Truth be told, I think I'm very much an open book. Anyone who wants to understand need only listen when I speak, not just to the words but at the intention behind the words, and all you'll ever want to know will be there. Or here.

Because words are never just words to me.

I don't know if it's a curse or a blessing to spend so much time mulling and reflecting over everything big and small, but I guess you'd say I'm a by-product of my childhood of books and no toys or games.

I feel nobody really listens 90% of the time, and maybe now that I think about it, that's why I like the idea of dying young. Aside from not having to deal with excessive disappointment.

Because maybe my words will matter when I'm gone.

People need to learn to appreciate the present a little more. Isn't that why it's called the 'present'? Because it's a gift?




1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You should not have the idea of dying young, you are more than that