Sunday, July 24, 2011

"You need to get MIO tv because there's nothing to do in your room but read", he says.

I suppose it's true. There really isn't a whole lot to do in my room. I have FTA channels - and hey, we've come a long way since just Channel 5 and Channel 8, now there's also CNA, Okto, Channel U, and extremely poor quality Indonesia and Malaysia channels - my computer and lots of books.

But now that I think about it, isn't that most people's rooms?

Not all of us have game systems.

I know he thinks reading also stimulates my already overactive imagination, but what are you going to do? Words are my escape and my solace. They can make a bad day good, and a good day bad. This topic feels kinda familiar. Like I've written about it quite recently.

Anyway, again it feels like the weekend's gone by all too quickly.

I was haunted by dark and twisty thoughts for a good part of it, more so than I have been in the past couple of weeks. Not sure why. Could be hormonal. Or maybe it's my stars. I read in today's papers that something about the alignment makes me particularly emotional and vulnerable. Maybe it's a deadly combination of both. In which case I can only say, I'm glad I survived.

When I talk about it, I'm not really looking for a long-drawn out dissection of what happened. Yes, there are questions that I want answered. But only because once you start poking, it's a little hard to stop - like a moth, drawn to light. So it takes effort and repeated coaxing - however repetitive it may feel - to make it stop.

Time to make the most of what's left of sunday.

No comments: