Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve.

I opened my eyes this morning to the sound of the rain coming down hard and fast outside my window.

I didn't quite want to get out of bed, but I couldn't quite lie there forever either because I had a check-up at the dentist in a couple of hours so instead, I rolled off to the side to grab my laptop for a quick update to the blog.

There is much to do pre the dentist visit - like brush my teeth for starters. I haven't done so since Monday when they sedated me, yanked out two of my wisdom teeth leaving a gaping hole, and stitches (sutures?) where they used to sit. Don't judge ! I'm told it's perfectly normal not to do so (not brush your teeth that is) for the first couple of days because you don't want to rip the stitches - brushing one's teeth being quite a vigorous exercise aferall. So instead, I've just been rinsing my mouth - gently of course.

Today feels nothing like Christmas eve. Could be partly due to the fact that I've been holed up in my room since Monday, and partly due to the fact that I'm not quite so looking forward to yet another day of porridge and potentially some grape jello (if I'm lucky).

If I was living in a country which snowed - would it be the gently plod plodding of snow I hear dropping gently onto my roof and yard and covering everything in a blanket of white, as opposed to this angry pounding I hear now ?

Would that make it feel any more festive ? I wonder.

Anyway, have a very Merry Christmas ! I leave you with some naked baby pictures - they always make me smile :)


Caelynn at 4 months

Cara at 4 months

Yvette at 6-8months



Ryan at 6-8months

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Caelynn (don't really know how to pronoun), looks like Cara. Except I feel like she has a bigger head. Yvette's picture is so obscene. Hope you feel much better after a week for your surgery.Once again, Merry Christmas,may all your dreams come true.