Saturday, December 20, 2008

Pre-Christmas Celebrations

So because I'm having my wisdom tooth (teeth ? it's two that's going you know) taken out on Monday - leaving me in a swollen, painful, drooly state - we had our 'Christmas' dinner last night at the Ichiban Boshi at the Esplanade.

I love going to Ichiban Boshi because they have such interesting and fun sushis, compared to other revolving-belt chains (Sushi Tei and Sakae Sushi). We tried one with cheese, mayo and corn yesterday, and another that we couldn't even identify - we only know it had chewy bits and green bits. They also have great set menus which are usually so huge, they're a meal for two. Very good value for money!

We went there with one goal, and one goal in mind. That is, to fill up my tum tum beyond the normal ranges of 'full', in preparation for the week of starvation ahead. Over the Christmas period too, mind you. But it was either now, or next year - and even though it's just a month away to next year, I know once I start procrastinating I'll never get round to it so I decided to just be an adult about it, suck it up (not that I'll be able to do much sucking post-surgery) and get it over and done with.

I feel like such an adult now that I'm doing this.

"Yes, i'm getting my wisdom tooth taken out. Mm hmm."

Doesn't it sound so terribly like an adult ?

My, I feel I'm growing up right before my very eyes.

We took a short stroll along the promenade after dinner, and then sat by the river to talk. We talked about starting up our own agency one day, what it would be called and most importantly - what our philosophy would be. Derailed. I'm not sure if we'll ever take that leap, but for now, I think our more immediate plans are outward-bound.

Anyway, monday. *gulps*

No comments: