Friday, August 28, 2009

Going off.

Hi baby,

I decided to do an update on the off-chance that you'd check tonight.
I'm through customs, and waiting to board the plane - as usual, they're running slightly behind, as they always seem to do with budget airlines.

Thanks for coming down with me to the airport even though you were pooped beyond words - you didn't say it, but I could see it in your eyes.

I thought it was particularly cute how you wanted to say you'd miss me, and that you're worried about me going off on my own, but didn't quite want to say it out loud - and direct. Instead, it came out in random lines like "maybe you'll miss your flight".

Truth be told, I like it when you worry sometimes, because you so often maintain a neutral disposition. I suspect that's why I poke you sometimes - you know, just to elicit a reaction, of the emotional variety of course.

Anyway, I am worried about cabbing around on my own there given our bad experiences of getting conned and blackmailed - really, it's such a lawless place! But I'm going to be brave about it, and use it as "training".

After all, if I can't survive cabbing around Bangkok, how am I going to survive our future back-packing plans right !

It's 9,59pm, and they've finally announced that we can board.

I'm going to log off now.

Will text you when I land. And call you when I make it in one piece to the hotel.

Love you.

Sweet dreams.

*pecks you on the forehead*


No comments: