Saturday, August 15, 2009

Reporting live from C3 (Cookie Central Command).

I've been checking my Facebook page quite obsessively the past couple of days, and I can't decide if I like being part of this hyper-connected clique, or not.

On the one hand, it feels nice to be in touch and reconnecting with friends I haven't spoken to in awhile. But on the other, it feels just a little tedious to keep up with conversations when they're happening all over the place, and you have to check on multiple fronts. Plus I'm not a seasoned user, so I find it hard to keep up with the buttons.

Just looking through the pages of friends and relllies I haven't seen in awhile, I'm amazed at just how differently (though not entirely bad) all of us have turned out. It's surreal when you think about it really. But I guess we've all grown up.

Tomorrow's my 2nd half marathon, and I'm really excited. The only part I'm not looking forward to, is waking up before the crack of dawn, and figuring out the best way to get there. My place is part of the race route, so it's going to take lots of artful dodging to figure out a route to the start point.




No comments: