Monday, August 10, 2009

I was just looking through some old Facebook photos I got tagged on, and I think I've aged a lot in the past couple of years.

Growing up, or should I say growing old, is a scary process both physically, and mentally. Your skin starts to sag, your brain starts to slow down.

And then one day you catch yourself wondering, if you've made it anywhere in life..at all ?

That question haunts me almost daily. Twice, on a bad day.

Is this how it's meant to start out ? Slow cruising in the first few years, and then big giant leaps ahead before you hit a plateau sometime in your mid 40s ? Because at the rate I'm going, I'm not sure it feels like I'm going anywhere at all.

Often I wonder, how is it that people are able to afford the things they can.

What is it that they do for a living ? And how did they get there ?

How hard do they slog, and do they really love their jobs/lives ?

Each time I drive home, I go past rows of shiny new houses with mercs, bimmers, audis and even a few lambos parked proudly out front.

Then I think of myself, and my job, and I know, I'll never be able to afford a house here if I keep doing what I'm doing.

But then I think of monkeypants. And I know, that a comfy abode is all we need. Bananas optional.

Pushing 30 now.

Better catch up on my twenty winks so I'm rested to continue climbing this very very steep corporate ladder tomorrow.

Night !

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello i am new here, I stumbled upon this message board I have found It absolutely accessible & its helped me loads. I hope to give something back and guide other users like its helped me.

Cheers, See Ya Around.

Anonymous said...

What's Happening i'm new here. I came upon this forum I have found It very helpful and its helped me out a great deal. I should be able to give something back & assist others like it has helped me.

Thank You, See Ya Around

Anonymous said...

Whats's Up i'm fresh to this. I hit upon this forum I find It extremely accommodating and it's helped me out so much. I should be able to give something back and assist others like it has helped me.

Cheers, See You Around