Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Happy Birthday Baby !

Tomorrow, my niece Kaelynn turns 1, and we're celebrating with a family dinner at Tetsuya. She'll probably be gorging her face with a tumbler full of porridge the way she normally does, followed by a container of banana puffs.

It's no easy feat maintaining her weight in the top 97th percentile of her age group after all, one has to work hard at stuffing one's face all the time. And I know from personal experience (the stuffing, not the 97th percentile - that status has strangely eluded me thus far) that that's tough. Your mouth gets all achy from the chewing.

But then again, she is eating porridge and a myriad of other melt-in-your-mouth type foods because she's not really able to use her pea-sized teeth yet, so I guess it doesn't ache all that much.

What I really want to say though is, you've grown so quickly baby Kaelynn and are turning into such a pretty little bub. I love how your dimples show when you smile, and the way you're learning to do little things like wave, clap and touch your little grubby finger to my nose - sure, it's still very hit and miss with you at this point, with the wave, clap and touching of the nose, you only seem to respond to it one out of every ten times - but still, I'm really loving watching you learn and grow.

Happy birthday baby !

And just for you, I'm going to eat all the things that you can't eat yet tomorrow at dinner.

No comments: