Monday, August 3, 2009

He tickles me so.

So today I met the boyfriend at the lift landing to go for lunch and he said "hey baby guess what!" (bouncing, like the little MSN icon on macs do when you get a new message).

"What ?", I asked.

"We have a new colleague! You know, that girl, used to work on KrisFlyer, her, that girl!"

And there I was, looking at him strange because this is coming from him - him who worked on KrisFlyer for more than two years. Between the two of us, if you had to ask either of us about the people who worked on KrisFlyer, you would ask him.

"Which girl ? L, Y ? Who ?"

"You know, you know her !"

Still looking at him strange. "No, I don't believe I do."

"Yes yes you do, you do !", like a bunny on steroids.

Recognition dawning on me, as I recall this girl, let's call her R, who he used to mention working with before I joined the agency.

Now let me just say, he wasn't the best of friends with her but they were alright. They worked together. And he mentioned her in conversations occasionally. He even went for her farewell dinner, I saw pictures on Facebook ! And all this time, whenever he mentions her, he always calls her by her name - R. So it would only be natural for me to assume that he knows her name, no ?

But he did the strangest thing.

He turned to me as I said "do you mean R?", and responded "oh, is that her name ??".

So I looked at him strange again. "Yes", I responded slowly. "I believe that would be her name, as told to me by you."

"No, no, but I don't know her name, I'm not sure what her name is" he insists, at which point he picks up the phone to call one of our ex-colleagues, F. He rambles on with her for a bit, asking if her name was indeed R.

And all this time, I was just walking alongside him thinking "What !?".

Like seriously.

I don't know this girl. Never met her before. I know of her through you. You talk about her once in awhile. Have pictures with her on Facebook, and then you decide that though you always refer to her as R, you're not really sure what her name is ?

He boggles me, he really does.

The night before, we dropped by Cold Storage after dinner so I could browse - I love supermarkets. We wandered over to the section selling face products because he wanted to get a face wash.

He stood there dallying for awhile, wondering out loud why the hell there were at least 3 different variations of face wash from one brand alone - "What is the difference between gel, foam and this exfoliating thing?".

So I explained to him what each did, whilst he stood there looking increasingly confused with a bottle in each hand.

After a bit, I picked up a bottle of Men's Biore wash and said "how about this?"

He responded in all seriousness, "oh no, I can't get that. Do you know, they do animal testing ? They skin rabbits to test on them" and then he goes back to peering at the bottles he had in his hands.

At that point I just felt like squishing him. I mean it doesn't even occur to me to think of things like that consciously - and if you knew us, you'd definitely have me pegged as the more environmental conscious of the two of us.

It was just a tiny moment, but it's precisely tiny random moments like that that tug at my heart strings.

My man really, he's just a wee boy at heart.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

[color=#448888]Nice post! thank you for sharing this information. lilmissberry.blogspot.com really got under my
[/color] [url=http://nuscin-online.info]skin,[/url] [color=#448888]bookmarked... Keep up the good site...[/color]